Wednesday 18 December 2013

Seventeen 3 in 1 Skin Wow Highlighter

I love a good highlighter. Especially during the winter time when my skin is looking tired and flat. However, I normally stick to the standard powder highlighters or a brightening concealer for a more subtle look. Liquid highlighters have always been something has interested but it's something that I never really got round to trying, until now! 



A few weeks ago I was wandering around Boots, and like many beauty bloggers, I couldn't leave empty handed and a few items just "fell" into my basket. One of those products was this liquid highlighter from Seventeen. I had seen quite a lot of good reviews on this, so I was pretty excited to get home and give it a try. When I first spotted this, I noticed how the similar the shade was to that of MUA's Undress Your Skin Highlighter, only with the obvious difference in formula. It is very cool in tone with a pink iridescent shimmer, with a very shimmery finish. 

Seventeen claim that this product can be used in three ways - as a primer, mixed with foundation, or as a typical highlighter. As a primer this didn't really do much for me as it settled into fine lines, accentuated my pores, and didn't prolong the wear time of my makeup. Mixing this with foundation worked much better for me as it created a very natural , dewy finish, which made my skin look much brighter and more awake.However, personally as a liquid highlighter I find it very difficult to use. It's hard to get the right amount of product, so you end up looking like a glitter ball. So for me, it works better mixed with foundation, but that is just personal preference.


One that I do love is the packaging. It's a transparent plastic tube with a pump dispenser. This makes it really easy to spot within your collection, and it's pretty good for travelling too. It's by no means luxury packaging but it will certainly do.

Overall, I do like this product but I don't love it. Out of the three uses, I only get along with one of them so for this reasons I probably wouldn't repurchase it. 
Have you tried this highlighter? What do you think of it?

Don't forget to check out my Blog Sale :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x