Saturday 21 December 2013

Christmas Makeup #2 : Glossy Berry Lips

I had so much fun when I posted my last Christmas Makeup Look, so I thought that I would do another one that is again pretty simple and will suit most. So without further ado, here it is...

I wanted something that would make a statement without being too over the top. As I placed colour on the eyes in the last look, I thought that I would put the colour on the lips this time. The decision as to what lip colour to use was a difficult one as there are many festive favourites, but I'm pleased with the one that I eventually settled with. As I wanted the lips to be the statement, I kept the eyes quite simple with neutral tones and no eyeliner. Then, I finally decided on a berry lip rather than the typical red that I always wear at Christmas time.


I kept the rest of the face pretty simple as I wanted the lips to be the statement of my makeup. The products that I used were:

Erborian BB Creme au Ginseng
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
Maybelline Fit Me Powder
Urban Decay Bootycall Eyeshadow
Rimmel Day to Night Mascara
MAC Matte Bronze Powder
MAC Rebel Lipstick
NYX Clear gloss

The great thing about this makeup look is that it's not specific to this time of year. You could easily switch up the lip colour for something brighter in the spring and summer. For now though, I think the glossy berry lip is perfect for the festive season :)

What is your favourite makeup look for Christmas?


1 comment:

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x