Thursday 8 November 2012

I'm Loving:Purple Lips ♥

One trend that I've noticed a lot of lately is purple lips. It's something I never thought I would buy into, but after trying the look on myself a months ago, I'm really loving it.

I think this look is amazing because it suits any skin tone, is perfect for any occasion, and even though its not the most conventional lip colour there are plenty of products out there that can be used to achieve this look.

Here are the purple lips that I've been wearing recently and a little bit about the products I used...



 L-R
Stargazer: Metallic Lilac - This isn't my first choice, but it is great for those who like a frost finish. It also looks great layered over other colours.
Rimmel Kate 04 - Sorry this is a very dodgy picture but the lighting wasn't that great. This is a little out there, but it is a really lovely alternative colour. I've also been patting this on the lips and layering a red over the top for a vampy look.
Sleek Pout Paint in Mauve Over - Very similar to the OCC Liptars, this is a more wearable version of the purple lip. It leans slightly towards a pink shade but is none the less still a very pretty colour and pretty cheap so is perfect if your wanting to experiment with this trend.
Mac Up The Amp - This is my favourite lipstick at the minute, its a beautiful shade of purple that doesn't look too full on, but is a lovely way to update your look from the everyday colours that you might wear.


I definitely think that I'll be wearing this trend for a very long time. Have you tried this trend? Do you think purple is something you would like to wear on your lips?

2 comments:

  1. MY favourite lipstick your wearing is the Mac one :) Think i will go and purchase it :) I have just come across your blog and its so cute! I have followed :) Would love if you could have a look at mine:)

    http://alllaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    thankyou <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thankyou lovely, It really is a beautiful lipstick I would definitely recommend it. I'll definitely check your blog out now :)

      x

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x