Wednesday 30 January 2013

Illamasqua Pure Pigments

For a long time now I've had my beady little eye on Illamasquas pure pigment in Beguiled. After seeing that they had a sale on this month I was having a little nosey whilst my debit card wept in my purse, and lo and behold Beguiled was in the sale! 

I automatically added it to my basket along with 2 other shades Berber and Zeitgeist. Here's what I thought of them...

 Firstly the packaging is amazing. A sturdy plastic casing with sleek black lid. It's not your conventional square/round product, it has a curved edge to it, typical of Illamasquas other products.  I love the packaging as it sets it aside from the rest of the products in my collection.

Each of the pigments are extremely soft and blendable, whilst being some of the most pigmented products I've ever come across. 
Beguiled is a hi shine pigment that has no base colour. It has iridescent pink and green sparkles that look lovely placed on the inner corner of the eye for a really subtle highlight, or added over the top of an eyeshadow for a glamorous look.
Berber is just beautiful.Its a bright brick red with gold flecks n that really catch the light. When this is blended , it does loose some of its metallic sparkle but this can easily be solved by adding a little at a time.
Zeitgeist is a black based pigment with the sparkle of Beguiled thrown in for good measure. At first this disappointed me as it wasn't very pigmented but after playing around with it, it's quickly become my smokey eye staple. 

Here are the swatches below:

No base/primer

On a white base (NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk)

Over a black base (NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean)

I really, really love these pigments and can't wait to add more of these to my collection. 
I bought these for £5.00 in the Illamasqua sale, unfortunately this is no longer running but these are available at full price for £15.50.

Do you have any of these pigments? What's your favourite shade?





4 comments:

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x