Wednesday 5 March 2014

10 Lip Picks for Spring

Now that March has well and truly graced us with its presence, I've been getting rid of the dark shades of winter and bringing out the bright and pastel ones, ready for spring. I've mentioned before that Spring is my favourite season for a lo of reasons, but especially the makeup. 
One of my favourite ways to wear my makeup throughout spring is really simple eyes and statement lips. Lip products are my weakness, so given the opportunity to wear bright or in an in yer'face shade, then I will. Spring is certainly no exception to this rule. I thought I would share with you my 10 favourites to wear this season.


First up is Rimmel Kate Moss 101 which is a lovely soft pink that makes a statement without being too loud. It's by far my faveourite pink lipstick. 
The second one is the Revlon Lipgloss in Adorned. This is a very, very bright fuchsia with tiny blue and purple shimmer running through it. A very opaque gloss that is so shiny it makes my lips look almost wet.
MAC's All Fired Up is going to be my most warn shade this year. It's a cross between a true red and a bright pink which really packs a punch. Being a retro matte formula it has incredible lasting power too.
Another MAC offering in the shade of Impassioned. A bright pink shade that looks lovely with bronzed skin. 
Next up is MUA's Velvet Lip Lacquer in Funk. A gorgeous muted pink that is extremely bold, whilst still being wearable.


The Revlon Lip Butters are just beautiful but my favourite has to be Tutti Frutti. If you're a fan of orange lips but want something a bit more day time friendly, then pick this up.
Benefits lipgloss in A-Lister is my most wearable of the bunch. A soft coral that makes lip look extremely natural and healthy. This is my pick for minimal makeup days.
No lip selection would be complete without a red. My pick is MAC's Lady Danger which is an almost neon red/orange. It looks perfect as the standout bit of makeup.
Sleek Matte Me in Fandango Purple is quite a daring shade but it reminds me of the beautiful spring flowers so it would not have been right to leave it out.
The final pick is MAC's Morange. The best orange lipstick on the market which makes the loudest statement of any lipstick I own. I love to wear this with bright skin and simple eyes.

So there are my lip picks for spring. I feels so nice to be wearing colour again after the darks of winter which although I love, they can be a little dull after time. 
What are your favourite lip products for spring? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x