Friday 30 August 2013

Sleek Matte Me Lip Lacquer in Fandango Purple

Another day, another lip product. I seriously have a problem when it comes to buying lip products, but this time this was well deserved!

I saw a few weeks ago that Sleek Makeup were bringing out some new lip products I was all over it. Then I saw that it would be some lip glosses and my heart sank a little. So, fast forward a couple of days and I saw that they were also releasing some matte lip creams! I've always preferred a matte lip in comparison to any other finish so I knew that these would be right up my alley. There are 6 matte lip creams to choose from and today I'll be showing you the very beautiful Fandango Purple.

Purple lips are always something that I've loved but very rarely wear, so when I tested this I was pleasantly surprised to see it was actually a pretty wearable purple and something that I can see myself wearing a hell of a lot over the next coming months. I can't really pinpoint this colour because I can't decide whether it's blue toned or pink toned, or whatever sort of tone it has. Nonetheless it is still so pretty. I think that this shade is going to see me right through autumn, but is still a strong candidate for the last of the summer sun.

The formula is nothing short of incredible. I must say that if you don't like a matte finish then this definitely are not for you. As soon as these dry, your lips lose every bit of moisture on them and your are left with this dry layer over the top. My lips did feel extremely dry when wearing these but it was a nice sort of dry, very similar to the Lime Crime Velvetines.  These apply with a little bit of shine to them but dry down to a completely matte finish that has absolutely no transfer at all. I even roped my boyfriend into letting me kiss him on the cheek (kisses are usually off limits when I have something on my lips), and there was absolutely no sign of transfer whatsoever! On first application, these were quite messy but I think that is because I had no idea what to expect from the formula and I was rushing. Now that I've played around with these, I've found it best to use the very tip of the doe foot applicator for the thinnest part of the lip and then bring the colour into the centre so that the whole lip is covered.

I definitely recommend this to every one of you and I know that the next time I go into Superdrug and pick up more of these beauties. At £4.99 each, they are more than worth it!

*Dont forget that you still have time to enter my giveway here :)*

1 comment:

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x