Friday 3 May 2013

OPI The Best of the Best

Hello! I apologise that I've been MIA for a few days but I have been so busy with my finals at university. I've been revising non-stop and have already done two exams, with two more to go and then my degree is over. I'm treating myself to a day off today so I'm going to be catching up on TV and Blogs. On to today's post...

I've been switching my nail polish more and more often recently as it seems to be the only ting getting me through revision (that and lots of bags of sweets) but I've really been enjoying this little set from OPI. I've lusted after some OPI nail polish ever since my mum got some in her salon, and this set that I won in a very generous giveaway from OCbeauty has been greatly appreciated. 
OPI The best of the best


This set consists of the 10 best selling shades from OPI of all time, and wow, there are some beauty's in there. They're all in miniature from which I really like because now I know exactly which shades I am definitely going to repurchase. So here is a run down of each shade...
OPI The best of the best swatches

1. Alpine Snow: The best white polish I have ever tried. This was quite streaky on the first coat but a second coat made it opaque. The creme finish is just lovely.

2. Bubble Bath: This has to be the sheerest nail polish ever. That said it is still a very pretty colour, and looks very pretty layered other other shades.

3. Tickle My France-y: I LOVE this shade! Its a great nude colour that leans slightly taupe or pink in different lights.

4. Strawberry Margarita: I'm not the biggest fan of pink nail polish but this shade is so pretty for the summer. It does had blue undertones which look great with a tan.

5. Cajun Shrimp: This bright orange coral is another summer dream. I love this shade and think this will look amazing with a tan and coral accessories.

6. Big Apple Red: Whilst this is a beautiful true red shade, I think it will be so easy to find a near perfect dupe on the high street, so have a look in your collection before splurging on this.

7. I'm Not Really A Waitress: My favourite of the bunch! A deep shimmery red that I wore quite alot over the winter period.

8. You Don't Know Jacques: I remember when this was launched and everyone wanted it. This is a classic taupe shade that will suit everyone and their mum! I did find it a little streaky on application.

9. Russian Navy: This shade is just beautiful! A deep navy blue with red and purple shimmer running through it. The shimmer is so finely milled that it makes the polish look 3D when the light hits it. This was a little streaky on application but I think it could even up with another coat.

10. Lincoln Park After Dark: This shade is a deep blackened purple that required 2 coats to get to opacity. This is definitely going to be my go to shade in the winter!

I would definitely recommend this set to anyone who is wanting to branch out into a new polish brand. It's also a great way to try some shades before buying the full size bottles. 7

Have you tried this selection? What's your favourite OPI Shade?

1 comment:

  1. I've only just tried OPI myself Fragrance Direct are selling some for £3.99 at the moment, they have lots of colours to choose from I managed to restrain myself and only got 4 :) x

    http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/opi/opi-nail-lacquer-15ml/invt/0040019

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x