Wednesday 23 April 2014

My Top 5 MAC Brights

MAC Lipsticks are infamous amongst beauty bloggers! There so many different shades, finishes and collections which make them all pretty hard to resist! It's no secret that I am a big fan of MAC lipsticks and their makeup in general, so I thought that I would share with you my top 5 brights from their permanent lipstick collection, all of which I think will be perfect for spring and summer...


First up is Impassioned, which is a bright fuchsia almost red pink which has a touch of coral to it. With an amplified creme finish it glides onto the lips like a dream, and offers a full opaque coverage with just one swipe. 
Another pink, this time in the form of Girl About Town. This was a shade that I just kept overlooking and I'm so annoyed with myself as I wish I had bought it sooner. This is a bright orchid shade with a strong blue undertone which is perfect for making my teeth look shades whiter.
Next up is the most daring of the bunch. but is without a doubt one of my most favourites. Up The Amp is another amplified finish so the intensity is just incredible. On a bright sunny day, this will be one that I pull out as it will look like the perfect cross between pink and purple.
If you want a true tomato red shade then look no further than Lady Danger. A matte shade which makes a huge statement. I like to wear this with very minimal makeup so that my lips really stand out. Despite being a matte shade, it is incredibly creamy and not uncomfortable or drying on the lips!
The final shade I have picked is the infamous Morange. This was the first bright lipstick in my collection and it converted me! Another amplified finish (can you sense a theme?), it is a true orange shade that shouldn't work but does. I like to wear this really lightly for a subtle flush of colour, but some days I will wear it at its full potential and feel fabulous!

So there we have it! My top five brights from MAC. For me, no other brand of lipsticks comes close, and they are the ones that I wear on quite a regular basis.
You can purchase them from any MAC counter or from their website for £15
What is your favourite shade from MAC?

8 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous shades! I recently picked up Morange and I've definitely got my eye on Lady Danger too.

    Catherine, xo | Lady Liquor Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend Lady Danger :) x

      Delete
  2. I love brights more than nudes! I love to wear them all year long.

    lovely post,
    zofia xo
    littlemisspradaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely more of a nude tone girl but brights are my must haves for summer x

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures! Colors look fantastic!
    peacockbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x