Sunday 29 September 2013

L'Oreal Micellar Water

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mum has heard of or tried Bioderma. When I finally got my hands on some, I declared love and vowed to never use any other micellar water. However, with Bioderma not being a readily available in the UK as we would like, it becomes impossible to not use anything else. I've seen this product mentioned on a few blogs, so when I saw it on offer in Superdrug I thought I would give it a go.


I had high expectations for this due to my love for Bioderma, but I have been left really underwhelmed. I think part of my high expectations came from the brand name too as I've never had a bad product from L'Oreal. I've found that when using this, you need to really use quite a bit as it dries up on the cotton pad so quickly. I've also noticed that when applying this product to the cotton pad there's quite a lot of waste as some of it drips down the side of the bottle due to its square shape. Not cool. 
The first time I applied this, my skin felt lovely and smooth and almost all traces of makeup was gone (I did struggle to remove my mascara and liner with this), and I did notice the toner doing some work. However, after using this a little more, I have broken out so bad! This is the only thing that I have changed in my skin care so I know that it is this that has caused it. This is what has disappointed me the most.

I was expecting really great things from this and to be honest, I've been left feeling less than pleased. 

Have you tried this? What did you think of it?

*I'm looking for some lovelies to guest post for me whilst I'm away next month. If you're interested, email me at retrolove17@hotmail.co.uk*

2 comments:

  1. I am yet to try a micellar water, I cant decide which one I would try xx

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree. i'm using it because i bought it and i dont like to waste money. it still does the job for the already half melted makeup after a workout anyway. merp

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x