Saturday 20 October 2012

Makeup Storage

After moving out of my mum and dads, and moving in with my boyfriend I've slowly found a place for everything I own. Except from my makeup. Being in a rented apartment meant that having a permanent fixture for my makeup was near on impossible. Damn Rules. So here's what I came up with...

Whilst I was in Ikea I noticed that these drawers were on sale and they are perfect! They matched the wardrobe that I bought before we moved into our apartment, so that was an extra bit of luck! At £35, these drawers were a steal and are great for storing my cosmetics. 


The top of the drawers pretty much speak for themselves. I store my makeup brushes which need a good clean in some glass jars that used to be candles. Then I have some cosmetics tissues which are a nice little addition, along with some scented candles and my favourite perfumes at the minute.


Having my makeup like this makes it alot easier to see what I have, so I can just grab and go.


Sorry this is a slightly dodgy picture. Here are my palettes, and single eyeshadows. I tend to prefer palettes over single eyeshadows purely for storage reasons but the few that I do have sit nicely by the palettes. 



This makes it look slightly messy but I promise it is organised. In the corner I have my foundations and BB creams which I'm alternating between at the minute. By my eye palettes are the smaller eye products such as the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and the MUA eye trios. I also have two smaller pots in here, one which stores my eyeliners and mascaras, the other storing my glosses and liners. Glosses and liners are a very small part of my collection.


My favourite part! My ever growing box of lipsticks! I need to stop buying these but I just cant help myself. The only problem with this is that I can't store my MAC Lipsticks upside down as they don't stand up properly, so I can't see what shade it is. I also store my face products such as powders, blushes and bronzers which fit perfectly.


Finally, I store all he boxes of eyelashes and nail wraps in the bottom corner as these are what I'm less likely to reach for on a daily basis so they do take up less space.

I hope you like this post, and in now way at all am I bragging about cosmetics I have ( I know that some people  can think posts like this are just an excuse to show off). I love reading posts like this so if you have done one please link it in the comments and I'll definitely check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x