Wednesday 4 February 2015

January Favourites

Slightly guilty feeling over here, as I can't actually remember the last time that I did a favourites post. In the past few weeks I've had a couple of products that really have stood out for me, So what better time to do a favourites post?


Seventeen Define and Conquer Kit:
I have been trying to get on the contour hype for a while now, but this is definitely the easiest product to use. The contour shade is just the perfect tone to carve out all of my features. The real winner for me in this kit is the matte highlight shade. It is just perfect for brightening all the right areas, and is something that I have been looking for in the drugstore.

Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Potion:
One of my makeup must haves is long fluttery lashes and this mascara gives me what I want! The brush is just perfection for adding the right amount of volume and length for everyday wear. I have th shade Blackest Black which is possibly the darkest and glossiest mascara I own. Holy Grail right here!

Urban Decay Lipstick in Naked:
For everyday wear, I tend to reach for a pinky nude lipstick with my go to often being Creme Cup from MAC. However, with the revival of the 90s nude shades, this has just the perfect mix of pink and brown tones. It goes extremely well with both a minimal or full on makeup look and is pretty much a suit all shade.

MAC Lipstick in Diva:
For days when I want my lips to make a statement, Diva is what I have reached for. A deep, matte berry red, it is perfect for this time of year. I love wearing this as it looks like I have spent loads of time on my makeup, even if I've only spent 10 minutes on it. Extremely long wearing, and again something that I think would suit everyone.

MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle:
When I want to fake a soft and healthy glow, this is what I will turn to. In the winter, my skin tend to look a bit flat so with the earlier mentioned contour kit and this, I no longer look half asleep. It provides the perfect amount of glow rather than glitter.

Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh EDT:
Some of you might know that I work in Duty Free and am forever spraying myself with new scents or whatever takes my fancy on that day, so my perfume wish list is pretty huge. I've always been a fan of Marc Jacobs scents, but this is by far my favourite. With base notes of plum and cedarwood, and top notes of rose, violet and apple blossom, this really is the perfect transition scent. It's been the on scent that I use when I'm ready for a bit of spring, and it smells like favourite sweets. Parma Violets, bonus!

So those are my favourites for the past month. What have you been loving recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x