Sunday 11 January 2015

H&M Smoky Purples Palette

I love having a peruse of the accessories section of H&M as I think there are some real gems in there. It's probably where most of my jewellery and hair accessories come from and my wardrobe houses quite a bit of their clothing selection too. However, it's not a place I would even consider when buying makeup. I have noticed their makeup line when waiting for the tills, but I had never picked anything up.



This particular smokey palette features five shades of purple, all of which complement each other beautifully. I thought that this would make a nice alternative to a smokey eye look and would be perfect for night out makeup. It was also reduced from the regular price of £3.99 to £1, so it was definitely a bargain. I popped this in my basket along with a couple of other palettes, so keep an eye out for those on here too. 

The formula of these is ok. I suppose for the price you can't really complain as there are some well pigmented and wearable shades. The first three shades applied lovely and lasted well, but the the last two shades were dry and chalky, making them hard to apply and blend. So far, the first two shades have been my most worn shades, as they are perfect for a quick and easy everyday look. Packaging wise, the clear lid makes it extremely easy to find in my collection, and it feels sturdy enough to travel with, so definitely no complaints there. 


Overall, I like this but I don't love it. I picked up two more, which I'll be featuring soon. Have you got anything from the H&M makeup range? Any recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. That is a nice palette, I have a similar one with nude shades on it and they are so pigmented x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the nude palette but will definitely keep an eye for it in store x

      Delete
  2. That was such a bargain! Looks like a nice palette, going to have to go and check out the range :)

    www.thebeautymonologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was a bargain! I think I'll be buying more from them x

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting beauty :)

I love to reply to all of the comments you leave, and I love reading them x